Studies show cancer survivors who exercise regularly have fewer symptoms than those who don’t.
And if you don’t have cancer?
Exercise can help you:
- Get relief from some chronic pain symptoms
- Slow age-related loss of getting around
- Improve surgical outcomes
- Improve sleep
- Improve mood and reduce anxiety
- Improve balance and coordination, reducing your risk of falling
- Reduce blood pressure, blood cholesterol, triglycerides and blood sugar
- Reduce your risk for coronary artery disease, diabetes, osteoporosis and some cancers
- Maintain a healthy weight
Ready to get started? Ask your doctor if you are healthy enough first.
Exercise and rest may be the most powerful medicine you choose to help manage your healthcare condition at home.